All day, every day, we have an energy force moving around and through us. The center of this focus are the 7 Chakras. The Chakras of our body are the center of our focus. Strong, harmonious Chakras are necessary to have inner strength. Blocked chakras slow down our inner strength.
The idea of the chakra comes to us from the Hindu tradition from India. It is part of the tantric tradition that states energy was brought forth at the point of creation like a serpent coiled at the base of the spine. This energy can be stimulated by mediation and yoga. It will then frown the body and be available to us.
Studies have shown that it is possible to measure this chakra energy by detecting the minute electrical charges as they are focused on. Professors at UCLA have recorded these charges as they move through the muscles around the chakras.
Chakras can experience blockages, and more than one at a time can be blocked.
The chakras are:
- The Crown Chakra, located at the top of the head and usually seen as a white light.
- Third Eye Chakra, this is seen between the eyes and is visualized as a violet light.
- The Throat Chakra, this is located at the base of the throat and is generally symbolized by a blue light
- The Heart Chakra, of course is near the center of the chest.
- The Solar Plexus chakra -This is near the stomach and is symbolized by a yellow light
- Sacral Chakra, this is near the reproductive organs and it is seen as an oragne light.
- Root chakra, located at the bottom of the spine, it is seen as a red light
There are a few signs of a chakra blockage:
You may have problems concentrating if your third eye chakra is blocked. Another sign of third eye chakra blockage is difficulty sleeping.
If you are feeling lost and helpless, your heart chakra may be blocked. If you have difficulty expressing yourself, you may have a blocked throat chakra. If you find that you find that you lack motivation, a blockage in the sacral chakra can slow down your energy.
If you see yourself in a pattern of isolation, the blockage may be in the heart chakra. A blockage here can close us off to others. If you just can’t meet your goals, your throat chakra can be the culprit.
So what can you do about it?
If you think you have a blocked chakra, you can alleviate your trouble by taking accountability for any negative energy you have put out in the world. Next you can start journaling to help focus on where the blockage is and what caused it. Finally you can find balance by doing a chakra cleansing meditation.